Astex AX6500 Diamond Growth System
- **ON HOLD** This system is on a temporary inventory hold pending possible purchase.
- Microwave Plasma CVD (MPCVD) "Clamshell" diamond deposition system designed & produced by Astex.
- Capable of high rate single-crystal (SCD) diamond homoepitaxy as well as growth of polycrystalline, nanocrystalline (NCD), ultrananocrystalline diamond (UNCD).
- System to be refurbished & updated with modernized computer controls, higher throughput water cooling subsystem, and enhanced process control/monitoring devices.
- The AX6500 employs a unique, bottom-launched microwave plasma apparatus rated for up to 8kW of 2.45GHz microwave input.
- Top-loaded, water-cooled aluminum chamber with water-cooled stage. Copper stage is typically shielded with special fixtures during plasma processing.
... other images